Open Heart...Open Mind...Open To All!
Who Is Cherokee Christian Church?
In a nutshell:
* We're a community of faith that tries to live out Jesus' command to love and serve our neighbors.
* We recognize the value of our ancestral faith and take seriously, the stories of the Old Testament and New Testament.
* We are grounded in the Table, take communion every Sunday, and believe that no matter where you are in your journey, you are welcome at the table of God.
* We believe in the "priesthood of all believers" which means that all members have access to the grace of God through prayer and devotion.
* We are an Open and Affirming Congregation.
* We nest a New Church, Iglesia La Gloria De Dios.
* We are part of the mainline, Protestant denomination called The Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) and supported by the the Greater Kansas City Region of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ).
Want to learn more?! Come worship with us on Sunday at 10:50!
Join Others On The Journey Of Faith At Cherokee Christian Church!
9:30 a.m. - Christian Education/Children's Sunday School
10:50 a.m. - Worship
Frequently Asked Questions?
What should I wear? Whether you choose to wear business casual or jeans and a t-shirt — or something in between — you will be welcome.
Where do I park and where is the front door? Parking is available on the North and West side of the building and the front door is located on the North side of buiding.
Is there childcare? Childcare for infants and toddlers is provided by our dedicated Nursery Attendant, Doris, just steps away from where you will be worshipping. We also have a children’s bulletin available for those who wish to stay with their parent, which can be found on the table at the back of the Sanctuary. Following the Children’s Message, ages 3 through 3rd grade are invited to Children's Church.
7457 Cherokee Drive (on the corner of Belinder & 75th), Prairie Village, Kansas | 913-362-7077